HOW WE PICK & TEXT
- Ease of use: The best Telescopes for planets are easy to set up and handy for your backyard astronomy club.
- Size: We looked for telescopes that are easy to transport and set up, and that mount easily on a tripod.
- Magnification: We wanted models with high magnifications to magnify bright and dim planets, and we wanted a large aperture for a clear, bright image.
- Easy to find: We looked for models with easy-to-find eyepieces so that you don’t have to scrounge around to find different lenses.
- Ease of cleaning: Telescopes spend a lot of time outside, so we wanted models you can clean with water easily to remove dust and debris.
- Eye relief: Eye relief is the distance between your eye and the eyepiece, and we wanted models that had a comfortable amount of eye relief.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope:Celestron - NexStar 8SE Telescope - Computerized Telescope for Beginners
We ve given the makers of the NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope for Beginners and Advanced Users a Belgian waffle for putting so much value into their product. This telescope for kids and adults alike features a Schmidt-Cassegrain design, which is perfect for terrestrial viewing, and it gets our nod as the best spotting scope for observers just starting out.
This NexStar 8SE is an excellent introduction to amateur astronomy, and those who are serious about stargazing will appreciate the versatility of its 8-inch aperture, which makes it a great telescope for deep-sky observing as well. The 8-inch aperture has a sweet spot in the 700- to 1,200-mm category, and it s large enough to get detailed looks at our favorite deep-sky objects like the Milky Way, Andromeda Galaxy, and Saturn s rings.
This telescope is also compatible with s starsense technology, which automatically locates and tracks celestial objects. You can even use your phone as a remote for Android or iOS devices. This NexStar 8SE Telescope includes a free download of one of the most popular astronomy software programs for an interactive sky simulation.
- 8-inch aperture
- Fully-automated goto mount
- Includes a bonus stargazing app
- SkyAlign technology gets you aligned in minutes
- 2-year warranty
- Not as powerful as a reflector
- Goto mount doesn t track as well at low magnifications
Best Value Telescope:Celestron - NexStar 4SE Telescope - Computerized Telescope for Beginners
The NexStar 4SE is a computerized telescope that s cost-effective and suitable for both beginners and advanced observers. This NexStar 4SE is designed for both children and adults, and features a GoTo mount that automatically locates, tracks, and identifies over 40,000 celestial objects, making it an excellent telescope for beginners. The telescope s 4-inch aperture enables you to view 400x brighter objects than telescopes with 1-inch or larger mirrors.
This NexStar 4SE features a 2.6-inch dual-axis robotic mount with NexStar hand controller for ease of use, as well as NexStar s SkyAlign technology, which automatically finds and aligns objects so you can focus on finding and viewing them. It also features our StarBright XLT reflector lens coating, which minimizes light scatter and chromatic aberration for increased contrast and sharpness.
- Easy to use
- Comes with an easy-to-follow manual
- Has a great warranty
- Has a lot of helpful features
- The instructions aren’t very clear
- The handle can be uncomfortable
Best Saving Product: Celestron - StarSense AutoAlign Telescope Accessory - Automatically Aligns Your
StarSense is a remarkably useful, easy-to-use accessory for folks who want to get the most out of their Celestron computerized telescopes. Thanks to the StarSense hand controller, there's no need to identify or locate any star in the sky -- StarSense automatically aligns your scope, so you can begin observing in minutes.
Advanced mount modeling provides maximum precision in pointing, and StarSense includes a hand controller, so you don't have to remember or have easy access to a laptop, Kindle, or whatever device you use for GPS or mapping. Just point your telescope in the general direction of what you want to observe, and StarSense does the work for you.
- Very easy to set up and use
- Works as described
- Comes with a controller, which I find convenient
- Works with almost any telescope
- Doesn't work with all Celestron models
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
A good telescope allows you to view various celestial objects like stars and planets without straining your eyes. This is very important since it will help you view things clearly.
Below are important reasons to invest in a good telescope:
- View celestial objects: A good telescope allows you to view various celestial objects like stars and planets without straining your eyes. This is very important since it will help you view things clearly.
- View things at night: A good telescope allows you to view objects at night. This is possible since most telescopes have powerful lights that can be used in the dark.
- View things comfortably: A good telescope allows you to view things comfortably. This is possible since most telescopes have adjustable focus. This allows you to focus on specific objects rather than everything.
- View things clearly: A good telescope allows you to view things clearly. This is possible since most telescopes have adjustable focus. This allows you to focus on specific objects rather than everything.
- Easily view things: A good telescope allows you to view things easily. This is possible since most telescopes have an adjustable zoom that allows you to focus on specific objects.
- View things in bad weather: A good telescope allows you to view objects in bad weather. This is possible since most telescopes have adjustable focus. This allows you to focus on
If you’re hoping to catch sight of the next planet to be visited by humans, you might want to invest in a telescope. There are a ton of options available, so here are some of the best telescope for viewing planets. If you’re interested in expanding your viewing horizons, these telescopes are a great choice. Let me know in the comments below which one you choose!
Don't forget to check:
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022