HOW WE PICKED & TESTED
- Optics: High-quality optics are essential for a great viewing experience, so we look for models with high-quality, refractive lenses.
- Durability: The tube, eyepieces, and hardware should all be well-made and tough enough to withstand heavy use.
- User rating: We scored each pick on user reviews on retailers like Amazon and Best Buy, and we took the average score to come up with our final selection.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope:
This excellent starter telescope makes learning about the night sky fun. The telescope has 3 different eyepieces (with 3 different magnifications), which makes it great for looking at different things at different magnifications. This telescope has a tripod, which allows you to point it towards different objects and angles. It has different eyepieces for different objects, which makes it very versatile.
This telescope comes with a carry bag, which makes it easy to travel with or store when not in use. The telescope is small and very lightweight, which makes it great for travel and use for camping trips. This telescope has a phone adapter, which allows you to photograph or record the objects in the night sky and share them with your friends.
- Easy to set up
- Good quality optics
- Good magnification range
- Comes with two eyepieces, a Barlow lens and a finder scope
- Includes a carry case and tripod
- Great for kids
- Great for adults
- The tripod is not very sturdy
- The tripod seems a little cheap and flimsy
Best Value Telescope:
The SV503 telescope is an outstanding entry-level telescope, especially for astrophotography since it takes advantage of the high resolution of 80mm. It is equipped with a dual-speed rack and pinion focuser, which makes its focus faster and more convenient. Compared with other entry-level telescopes, this SV503 has larger diameter and aperture, which makes its view sharper and stronger.
The 80mm aperture will let starlight pass through the optical glass and project onto the screen, producing astounding images. What makes this SV503 so special is that it is a refractor telescope. Refractor telescopes are designed with ED glass to reduce chromatic aberration. This SV503 has ED glass, which will reduce the chromatic aberration, making the image with better contrast.
- Beautiful and well-built
- Easy to set up
- Clear, bright images in all lighting conditions
- The price is great for the quality and build
- Good customer service
- Not as portable as others in its class
- The finderscope and lens cap are sold separately
Best Saving Product:
The mini telescope is very effective for kids and beginners use or observation. The telescope was packed very well, and the instructions were clear for setup, operation, and cleaning. It is installed very easily, and is well constructed. It's a refractor telescope, so it has a shorter focal length than an afocal reflector, but the low magnification will produce higher magnification images than many refractors.
The optics are impressive, and the colors are vivid and clear. It's best to use with 20mm Plossl eyepiece.
- Reasonably priced
- Sturdy tripod and phone adapter
- Good magnification
- Good optics
- Good customer service
- Not as bright as I hoped
- Some of the instructions are less than ideal
Last update on 2023-02-04 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you love star and planet gazing? Then you need a good beginner telescope. Here are some of the things that you should consider before settling on a good beginner telescope.
- Focal Length: Focal length is an important consideration that you should not ignore. The focal length is the distance from the eyepiece lens to the eyepiece lens. Focal length is measured in millimeters.
- Aperture: Aperture is the diameter of the main lens in a telescope. An entry-level telescope should have an aperture of at least 70mm.
- Optical Quality: The optical quality refers to the quality of the lens. However, it is important to note that not all optical lenses are always good in quality. This, therefore, means that you should check the quality of the lens before buying.
- Optical Tube: The optical tube is the tube that carries the lens assembly. The optical tube should also be made of high-quality materials.
- Eyepieces: The eyepieces are one of the most important parts of any telescope and, therefore, need to be of high quality.
We’ll review the Best Beginner Telescope and go over all the important features. If you’re new to the telescope, this guide will help you figure out which model is best for your needs. Let me know what you think in the comments below – I’d love to hear from you!
Don't forget to check:
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022