How We Pick & Test
- Simple, sturdy design: We want a beginner telescope to be easy to use, and it needs to be durable enough to take the occasional knock.
- Size matters: Small Telescopes usually lack light gathering capabilities, so they’re better for daytime viewing.
- Focal length: We look for telescopes that have an objective lens of at least 50 millimeters, which is roughly equivalent to 20 inches in magnifying power.
- Ease of use: We look for models with sturdy mounts, knobs, and eyepieces, and we prefer models with hand-operated focus mechanisms.
- Ease of setup: We look for telescopes that can be assembled without instructions.
- Testing results: We collected user reviews and feedback from popular telescope sites, and we held numerous tests to determine the real-world performance of these telescopes.
And the winners
Best Overall Telescope: Telescope 80mm Aperture 600mm - Astronomical Portable Refracting Telescope
- Excellent Quality Optics: This telescope is 600mm(f/6.7) focal length and 80mm aperture, 80mm aperture to capture more light picture and multi-fully high transmission coated all-optical lens enhance image brightness and clarity.
- Optimum Magnification: Our telescope for kids and adults is quipped with two replaceable excellent-quality eyepieces (25mm and 10mm) for 24X and 60X magnification. 3x Barlow lens trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. magnificate moon up to 72 or 180 times. Also with 5x24 finder scope makes locating objects easy.
- Portable And Convenient: Comes with a phone adapter and an adjustable aluminum tripod. Wireless remote control and carrying bag make it easier for you portable and capture amazing images.
- Easy To Set Up: In order to save your time. Even for novices, no tools are required to set up the telescope. quick and easy to focus. Truly realize a no-tool-set telescope.
- Great Telescope for Kids& Beginners! The telescope meets all the needs of astronomy beginners, the adults & kids’ astronomical journey begins from here! Equipped with 3X Barlow len and two eyepieces, H20mm and H6mm, you can get magnification of 15X to 150X. This is a great telescope for adults astronomy beginners.Whether it's viewing planets and stars, our telescope is the best helper for adults & kids.
- 70mm Large Aperture The telescope equipped with 70mm aperture and 300mm focal length, which provide more lights and clearer images, even beginners can get clear images. The bigger the aperture, the bigger the field of vision, and the clearer the image.
- Wireless Control This telescope set includes one smartphone adapter and one Wireless camera remote. Just install your mobile phone on the phone adapter, connect to the the eyepieces of the telescope. These help you explore the nature of the world easily through the screen and you can take some amazing images.
- Easy to assemble& dismount We have a full set of paper and video Installation Guidelines. Don't worry about any installation problems. Even for first-time users, kids&beginners can install it themselves without any tools. It is a great telescope for 8-12 kids and it’s a great astronomy gift to send them.
Best Saving Product: Telescope for Kids and Beginners - 70mm Apeture 400mm AZ Mount Telescopes for Adults
- Ultra-clear Refractor Telescope Astronomy telescope for beginners 400mm (f/5.7) focal length and large 70mm aperture,fully multi-coated optical glass lens with high transmission coatings，creating stunning images with increased brightness and clarity.
- High Quality Accessories Come with two 1.25" replaceable eyepieces k20mm and k10mm for 20x and 40x views. 5x24 finder scope with mounting bracket and cross-hair lines inside make locating objects easily. Diagonal prism can get upright images. Cellphone Adapter with 1.5X barlow lens which is a goodsolution to the fourth out-of-focus problems.
- Easy to Set Up telescope can set up quickly without additional tools.This telescope features a lightweight frame and a panning handle with Alt-Az control for smooth and accurate pointing. Really friendly telescope for kids and beginners.
- Adjustable Tripod This telescope allows for many different viewing positions with a adjustable aluminum alloy tripod.It can be extendable from 16.5 inches to 49.6 inches which can bring excellent experience for kids and adults.
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Below are the reasons why you should consider investing in a good starter telescope:
- Easy to set up and use: Setting up a good starter telescope is easy. This is because you don’t have to assemble many parts or pay an expert to help you. After assembling and setting up, you can use the telescope right away.
- Affordable: Starter telescopes are affordable. This means that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get one.
- Durable: A good starter telescope will last you a long time. This is because high-quality starter telescopes are made out of durable materials like aluminum, steel, or wood.
- Easy to use: Even starter telescopes are easy to use. This means that you do not need to follow complex procedures to get the telescope to work.
- A good learning experience: A good starter telescope is a good way to learn more about telescopes. This is because you can always set it up to learn more about telescopes.
- Allows for clear views: A good starter telescope provides clear views. This is because these telescopes are not low quality.
This beginner’s telescope is perfect for budding astronomers looking to experience the universe. If you are looking for your first telescope, this is an ideal choice. It is affordable, portable, and easy to use. It comes with everything you need to get started, and is durable and reliable.