HOW WE PICKED & TESTED
- Size: A telescope should be portable enough to be easily transported and set up, yet large enough to notice details in the sky.
- Optics: A telescope’s optics determine the clarity of its image.
- Tripod: A telescope’s tripod should be sturdy enough to handle the weight of the telescope without tipping over.
- Ease of use: A telescope should be easy to use, with easy-to-understand controls that don’t require a degree in astronomy.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope:Celestron - AstroMaster 114EQ Newtonian Telescope - Reflector Telescope for
Celestron's AstroMaster 114EQ is a 114mm reflector telescope that was launched with the intention of introducing beginners to astronomy. As such, it boasts a lightweight aluminium frame, fully-etched optics and a completely automated mount, making it ideal for novice sky-watchers. This AstroMaster 114EQ is backlit by a 50-watt 350-degree focal spot, which delivers bright, almost-fisheyed views. The mount features slow-motion controls that allow for more precise viewing. The mechanical design of the mount allows the telescope to be set up in around 3 minutes, making it ideal for watching the night sky. Also included in the package are 2 eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), and a tripod stand.
The mount features a digital readout of celestial coordinates, and is fitted with a German-style equatorial mount. This mount allows the mount to track the sky s North Pole, making star-gazing easier. However, the mount lacks GPS or gyroscope technology, so you'll have to use the 2 slow-motion dials to manually point the telescope. This AstroMaster 114EQ telescopes package also includes a StarPointer red dot finderscope, as well as a free astronomy software package. This package is perfect for astronomy enthusiasts, novices and kids who want to experience the night sky together.
- Beautiful optics, sturdy build, great beginner scope
- The mount and tripod have decent adjustments
- Aluminum tripod stays steady
- Quick and easy setup
- Includes 2 eyepieces
- Easy to find, relatively bright and easy to find objects
- Equatorial mount, can be a little hard to correct
- Equatorial mount, can be a bit hard to correct
Best Value Telescope: Telescope, Gskyer 130EQ Professional Astronomical Reflector Telescope, German Technology Scope,
If you love star-gazing but you're limited on space, the Gskyer EQ-130 is one of the smallest telescopes we found in our tests. Its optical tube is only 24 inches long (shorter than many telescopes twice its size), so it takes up less room on your table or desk and weighs less, too. Its compact design also makes it perfect for just about anyone, and it's small enough to be portable. This EQ-130 was one of the easiest telescopes to set up and use, and it delivered rich, detailed images of the Moon and planets, as well as the darker parts of the Milky Way galaxy. Because of its short optical tube, it focuses fairly quickly, and we found the focussing mechanism smoothly and successfully. Its built-in guide scope makes it easier to focus, and this scope did well in tests that measure the sharpness of stars, too.
As with all telescopes, you'll most likely want to use a Barlow lens for brighter objects, but this EQ-130's 3X Barlow lens was good enough on its own. Although it doesn't come with eyepieces, the Gskyer EQ-130 does come with a 3-inch finderscope and a 1.25-inch adapter to fit your phone or camera. This Gskyer EQ-130 does suffer from some serious optical aberrations, such as distorted images, but that doesn't really matter for casual star-gazing, and it's easily fixed with a corrective lens.
- Comes with a remote control
- Can take high-quality images
- Great price
- Nice accessories
- Easy to set up
- The tripod is decent
- The tripod is not adjustable
- The plastic around the telescope edges feels cheap
Best Saving Product:Telescope 80mm Aperture 600mm - Astronomical Portable Refracting Telescope Fully
The Telescope telescope is 600mm(f/6.7) focal length and 80mm aperture, 80mm aperture to capture more light picture and multi-fully high transmission coated all-optical lens enhance image brightness and clarity. Optimum Magnification: Our telescope for kids and adults is quipped with two replaceable excellent-quality eyepieces (25mm and 10mm) for 24X and 60X magnification. 3x Barlow lens trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. magnificate moon up to 72 or 180 times. Also with 5x24 finder scope makes locating objects easy. Portable And Convenient: Comes with a phone adapter and an adjustable aluminum tripod.
Wireless remote control and carrying bag make it easier for you portable and capture amazing images. Easy To Set Up: In order to save your time. Even for novices, no tools are required to set up the telescope. quick and easy to focus. Truly realize a no-tool-set telescope. Satisfaction Quality: lifetime maintenance. If you have any questions about the product and service, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you in 24 hours!
- Good optical quality for the price
- Easy to use, no tools required for assembly
- Comes with a carrying case
- Wireless remote control
- Tripod can't turn, so tripod must be oriented correctly when setting up
- Not as portable as I'd like
Last update on 2023-02-04 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
When buying telescopes, make sure that you buy an excellent one. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider getting an excellent telescope:
- Get the best view of the surroundings: One of the best things about getting excellent telescopes is that they make it possible for you to get a good view of the surroundings. This is possible due to the large lenses, wide field of view, and long focal length of these telescopes.
- Easy to carry and move from place to place: Get an excellent telescope and you will be able to carry it easily. This is possible because the telescopes are light and small.
- Easy to set up: A good telescope is easy to set up. This is possible because of the simple design of telescopes.
- Excellent optical quality: A good telescope is able to provide clear images.
- Not so expensive: Excellent telescopes are not that expensive.
Even though your gears are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, accidents happen. That's why ASURION offers affordable 2-year accidental damage protection plans - all for as little as $3,99!*
Asurion's 2-year accidental damage protection plans cover you from the day you buy your plan. If something happens to your covered product, all you need to do is file a claim. ASURION will even send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price.
Features We Like
Fast, Easy, Convenient Repairs
2 Year No Deductible Coverage
24/7 Expert Tech Support
Specific Coverage for Drops, Spills and Cracked Screens
For Any Device - Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, Camera, Accessories
>>> View On Amazon
Another great thing about these telescopes is that they tend to be much cheaper than other models, but can still operate just as well. Plus, they’re small enough that you can easily take them on camping trips or weekend trips to the beach. Looking for excellent telescopes of your own? Let me know in the comments below!
Don't forget to check:
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022