How We Pick & Test
1. Size matters: We look for Telescopes under 50 pounds that sit on sturdy tripods so that you can easily take them outside.
2. Affordability: We test scopes in the $72.24 to $179.99 price range, but we include pricier options if we think they’re worth it.
3. Ease of use: Our picks should have sturdy, user-friendly tripods, decent assembly instructions, and informative accessories.
4. Portability: We look for smaller, lightweight scopes that you can easily carry, store, and transport.
5. Objective testing: We test each scope’s magnifications and field of view using equipment from Celestron and Sky-Watcher.
And the winers:
Best Overall Telescope: Telescope 80mm Aperture 600mm - Astronomical Portable Refracting Telescope
- Excellent Quality Optics: This telescope is 600mm(f/6.7) focal length and 80mm aperture, 80mm aperture to capture more light picture and multi-fully high transmission coated all-optical lens enhance image brightness and clarity.
- Optimum Magnification: Our telescope for kids and adults is quipped with two replaceable excellent-quality eyepieces (25mm and 10mm) for 24X and 60X magnification. 3x Barlow lens trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. magnificate moon up to 72 or 180 times. Also with 5x24 finder scope makes locating objects easy.
- Portable And Convenient: Comes with a phone adapter and an adjustable aluminum tripod. Wireless remote control and carrying bag make it easier for you portable and capture amazing images.
- Easy To Set Up: In order to save your time. Even for novices, no tools are required to set up the telescope. quick and easy to focus. Truly realize a no-tool-set telescope.
Best Value Telescope: Telescope 80mm Aperture 600mm - for Beginners & Adults Astronomical
- 80mm Large Objective Lens: This telescope is an 80mm aperture and 600mm(f/6.7) focal length. 80mm aperture to capture more light pictures and multi-fully high transmission coated all-optical lens. Reduce the reflection of light, Enhance image brightness and clarity.
- Powerful eyepieces Optimum Magnification: Our telescope for adults & 8-12 kids & astronomy beginners is quipped with two replaceable excellent-quality eyepieces (25mm and 10mm) for 24X and 60X magnification. 3x Barlow lens trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. Magnificate moon up to 72 or 180 times. Also with 5x24 finder scope makes locating objects easy.
- Portable & Convenient & Stable: Comes with a phone adapter and an adjustable aluminum tripod. Wireless remote control and carrying bag make it easier for you to portable and capture fantastic images.
- Easy To Set Up: To save your time. Even for novices, no tools are required to set up the telescope. quick and easy to focus. Truly realize a no-tool-set telescope—only 5 steps to assemble.
- Upgraded 70mm Large-Aperture Objective The upgraded Honslis astronomical telescope has a 70MM large-diameter objective with a focal length of 500MM, which can capture 2 million light-years of extraneous nebulae, with a larger and clearer imaging range than other ordinary telescopes. The larger the aperture, the more light can be collected, and the farther and fainter stars can be seen
- Using Multi-Layer High Transmittance Coating The lens group of our astronomical refractor telescope for kids 8-12 adopts multi-layer high transmittance coating, high light transmission, and low image loss so that the observed objects are clear day and night. Comes with 2 interchangeable eyepieces and a 3x Barlow lens. 3x Balot lens triples the magnification of each eyepiece up to a maximum magnification of 150x
- Hardened Aluminum Alloy Tripod The telescopes for adults astronomy have been improved on the basis of the previous ordinary tripod and lens barrel. It is extended from 20 inches to 48 inches, which is more stable, not easy to shake, higher in height, larger adjustable range, suitable for different heights
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why You Should Get A Telescope?
- Optical quality: As you move up in price, the optics in your scope improve, but you don’t necessarily need the most expensive scope to get a great view.
- The mount: The mount is the piece that attaches to your telescope and keeps it stable. If you’re buying a used telescope, it’s especially important to make sure that the mount is in good shape.
- The tripod: Because you’ll be holding the scope while you look through it, a stable tripod is a must. Plus, a tripod makes it easy to position your scope.
- Eyepieces: Eyepieces let you view your telescope’s view through different lenses, letting you adjust the brightness and the magnification of your view.
- Warranty: Telescopes can be expensive, so it’s nice to know that if something breaks, it’ll be covered by the warranty.
How To Choose The Best Telescope For Money?
- Telescope tubes: A longer telescope tube will focus light onto a larger piece of glass, giving your telescope a better resolution and wider field of view.
- Focal length: Aperture is the next important factor. The longer the focal length, the more light your telescope will collect.
- Refractors vs. reflectors: A refractor telescope gathers light through a lens that bends the light. A reflector telescope gathers light with a mirror that reflects it.
- Mount: A mount lets you point your telescope and keeps it steady. Choose one that fits your budget.
- Eyepiece: A high-quality eyepiece lets you look closer at your celestial objects.
- Barlow lenses: A Barlow lens increases magnification, but decreases the field of view.
Telescopes are a classic gift that are always in high demand. But with so many telescope options on the market, it can be hard to know which telescope is the best for the money. That’s why I’ve put together a post Top 10 Best Telescope For The Money in 2022 just for you – this telescope buyer’s guide will let you know everything you need to know. Keep reading to find out my favorite telescope for the money, and if you have any questions, let me know in the comments below!
Don't forget to check: