HOW WE PICK & TEXT
- Size matters: Small Telescopes are lighter and easier to transport than larger models, but they often don’t offer as much viewing power.
- A wide field of view: A larger field of view lets in more sky and reveals more details about celestial objects.
- Ease of use: Most telescopes use mechanical or hand-operated movements, so we looked for models that are easy to use.
- Clarity: Telescopes magnify distant objects and reveal their details, so we look for models that produce sharp images.
- Performance: We check each telescope’s performance in out Star Chart program, which measures brightness, color, and contrast.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope: Gskyer Telescope, Telescopes for Adults, 80mm AZ Space Astronomical Refractor
The Gskyer Telescope is a great starter telescope for kids and adults who are interested in astronomy or learning more about it. The telescope is equipped with three eyepieces, which allow you to get 32X-400X high magnification. The optical lens is 90mm multi-coated high transmission objective lens, which can reduce light refract, allowing your eyes to get more light and you will see the images are clearer and brighter.
The telescope has a great design, the build is solid and the tripod is adjustable, the telescope has adjustable eyepieces, a finder scope and a Barlow lens, which are great for astrophotography. The telescope provides high magnification, which helps you see the craters of the moon, Saturn and Jupiter. The telescope has a carry bag, so you can take it on the go easily, and it has a stable tripod, so you can use it anywhere.
- Sturdy and well made, it makes a great telescope for adults and kids
- Solid construction, feels very well made
- High magnification is really nice, 3x Barlow lens is a nice touch
- Comes with a couple eyepieces, the 3x Barlow lens and phone adapter
- The tripod is plastic, and seems not super sturdy
- The tripod is height adjustable, but the tripod legs are not telescoping
Best Value Telescope: Telescopes for Adults, 70mm Aperture and 700mm Focal Length Professional
The telescope for adults makes a great gift for kids and adults, especially for kids 8-12 and beginners. The telescope is easy to set up, which comes along with the detail manual and installation video, even for beginners, kids can install it without tools. The telescope magnifies 32X-400X, so it allows you to see the craters of the moon, Saturn and Jupiter clearly.
The telescope also has the 5x24 finder scope, which makes it easier to find objects in the sky. Also, the high-quality 90mm aperture, 700mm focal length and multi-coated objective lens make this telescope very clear, bright and images much brighter. Also, the telescope is equipped with a stable tripod, which is made of metal, which is more stable and not easy to shake. Last but not least, the telescope is equipped with a wireless remote and phone adapter, you can take some amazing pictures easily.
- High magnification, you could see the craters of the moon, Saturn and Jupiter
- Come with the phone adapter and wireless remote, you can take some amazing picture easily
- Come with 2 eyepieces: K25mm / K10mm / K6mm
- Come with adjustable tripod, can extend from 28.5 to 45, which is suitable for adults and kids
- The tripod need assembling with screws, need tools, which need 5 minutes for an adult
- The tripod legs is not very smooth, need a little strength to adjust
Best Saving Product:Gskyer Telescope, Telescopes for Adults, 600x90mm AZ Astronomical Refractor Telescope,Telescope
This telescope has two eyepieces: one 32mm and the other 6mm, which are ideal for beginners. Our telescope support both 32mm and 6mm eyepieces, and this telescope has the two eyepieces, so it's like having 2 telescopes. The 6mm one is great for widefield views, while the 32mm one for close focus. There's also a 3x Barlow lens, which is a nice bonus for our telescope. The 800mm focal length is long enough to provide a beautiful view of the moon, Saturn and Jupiter. It even has a finder scope, which is useful for beginners. The tripod is quite sturdy and stable, and it can be adjusted from 28.5 to 45 so that you can use it even at night.
These telescopes for adults sre all-metal and well-made. The tripod is made of thick stainless steel, which is more stable and not easy to shake. The telescope for kids 8-12 & beginners allows you to set the tripod at different heights, the telescope bracket can be adjustable to 28.5, 35, 42.5 and 45. This telescope has 32x-400x high magnification, which is enough to see it clearly.
- Good resolution
- Decent magnification for the price
- Comes with a sturdy tripod
- Has a carrying case
- Relatively easy to set up
- The tripod seems a little wobbly
- The tripod legs could be sturdier
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Looking at buying a telescope for your home? Below are some of the things to consider when looking for the best telescope for home use:
- Magnification: Magnification refers to the size of the telescope compared to the size of the object that you want to look at. A telescope with a high magnification means that you can see objects that are far away.
- Focal length: Focal Length refers to the lens that the scope uses to collect light and project it to the eyepiece. The focal length of a scope determines its dispersion and resolution.
- Weight: Weight refers to the amount of weight that a scope is able to hold. A lightweight scope means that it is easy to carry around.
- Aperture: Aperture refers to the diameter of a scope’s objective lens. Scopes that use smaller apertures are the best for low light viewing and astrophotography, while larger apertures are ideal for daytime terrestrial viewing and planetary imaging.
Even though your gears are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, accidents happen. That's why ASURION offers affordable 2-year accidental damage protection plans - all for as little as $3,99!*
Asurion's 2-year accidental damage protection plans cover you from the day you buy your plan. If something happens to your covered product, all you need to do is file a claim. ASURION will even send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price.
Features We Like
Fast, Easy, Convenient Repairs
2 Year No Deductible Coverage
24/7 Expert Tech Support
Specific Coverage for Drops, Spills and Cracked Screens
For Any Device - Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, Camera, Accessories
>>> View On Amazon
So, what telescope should you get for your home? Well, the best telescope for home use is one that’s easy to use and gets the job done. A digital telescope is definitely the right choice for beginners, but if you love astronomy, a refractor telescope could be a worthwhile investment. Alternatively, a reflector telescope could also be a good choice. So, whatever telescope you decide to go with, make sure to read up on some telescope reviews online before making a purchase. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you in the comments below!
Don't forget to check:
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022