HOW WE PICK & TEXT
- Magnification: We look for models with low magnification, which makes it easier to view objects in daylight.
- Ease of use: We look for Telescopes that are easy to set up, easy to use, and have reliable controls.
- Ergonomics: Telescopes with the highest magnification usually require the viewer to tilt their head back, which might be uncomfortable for some.
- Portability: We look for telescopes that are easy to transport, whether by car or plane.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope: Celestron - NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope - Compact and Portable
- Very lightweight and portable
- Easy to set up and take apart
- A solid, well-made product
- Got all the bells and whistles you'd expect
- The GPS feature is a nice touch
- Silicon eyepiece covers are a nice touch
- The GPS feature is fairly basic, lacking features like topography
- Lacks any form of alt-azimuth mount, instead opting for a "traditional" alt-azimuth mount design
Best Value Telescope: Celestron – StarSense Explorer DX 102AZ Smartphone App-Enabled Telescope –
- Works well with IOS devices
- Good construction
- Includes everything you'd want in a telescope
- Does what you would expect a telescope to do
- Not ideal for astrophotography
- Difficult to get the app to recognize stars
Best Saving Product: Gskyer Telescope, Telescopes for Adults, 600x90mm AZ Astronomical Refractor Telescope,Telescope
- Nice looking, lightweight and easy to assemble
- Good magnification
- Good optical quality
- Comes with multiple eyepieces
- Tripod can be assembled and disassembled in minutes
- Good value for money
- Not suitable for stargazing in wet and humid conditions
- Some minor issues with the quality of the eyepieces
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
When choosing a telescope, it is important that you know what to look for. Otherwise, you may end up buying a telescope that is not right for you.
Below is a look at some of the most important things to consider when buying a telescope:
- Magnification: When buying a telescope, it is important to understand that an 80mm telescope is 0.80 times more powerful than a 70mm telescope. So, knowing the power of your telescope is important.
- Field of view: Knowing the field of view is important since it will help you choose the right telescope.
- Focal length: Knowing the focal length of your telescope is important. The focal length is a measure of the distance from the lens or mirror to the point where light originates.
- Aperture: When buying a telescope, it is important to know the aperture. The aperture is the diameter of the telescope lens or mirror.
- Resolving power: Knowing the resolving power of your telescope is important. This will enable you to choose the right telescope.
- Weight: When buying a telescope, it is important to consider the weight. This will enable you to buy a telescope that is easy to carry around.
- Quality: When buying a telescope, it is important to consider the quality of the telescope. This will help ensure that you get value for your money.
Even though your gears are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, accidents happen. That's why ASURION offers affordable 2-year accidental damage protection plans - all for as little as $3,99!*
Asurion's 2-year accidental damage protection plans cover you from the day you buy your plan. If something happens to your covered product, all you need to do is file a claim. ASURION will even send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price.
Features We Like
Fast, Easy, Convenient Repairs
2 Year No Deductible Coverage
24/7 Expert Tech Support
Specific Coverage for Drops, Spills and Cracked Screens
For Any Device - Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, Camera, Accessories
>>> View On Amazon
Telescopes have come a long way since the days of the naked eye. Today, telescopes are sophisticated pieces of technology that allow you to see far beyond the limits of your naked eye. And if you’re looking to take your hobby to the next level, investing in a good telescope could be a worthwhile purchase. In this post, I’ll be sharing my top pick for the best telescope for enthusiast in 2022.
Don't forget to check:
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022