HOW WE PICK & TEXT
- Performance: We test each telescope’s optics and mount, as well as its focus and tracking, by using a tracking mount under the stars.
- Ease of use: We use each telescope’s controls, such as knobs and dials, to adjust its level of complexity.
- Ease of transportation: We test how each telescope folds up, weighs, and fits in a carry case.
- Durability: We test each telescope’s mount, tripod, and lens cover durability by pushing, shaking, and dropping them.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope:Celestron – Omni XLT 150 Newtonian Reflector Telescope – Hand-Figured
The Omni XLT 150 is a relatively simple yet powerful telescope that's a good choice for beginning astronomers looking for a quality beginner's scope. It's easy to set up and takes just about a minute to level the EQ mount, and the scope comes with a built-in finderscope and a heavy-duty tripod. The included eyepiece (6x30, 25mm) is probably the best piece of glass in the package, and it's able to simultaneously show both bright sky objects and faint deep-sky objects with satisfying contrast. We recommend using the 25mm eyepiece during your first few weeks of observing, and then switching to a more powerful one once you've gotten used to the telescope.
Even though it's equipped with several high-quality accessories (a perfect finderscope, an eyepiece, and a sturdy tripod), the scope looks a little on the small side when it's set up on a desk or table, and it's a little more difficult to focus. We would have liked to have seen a higher-power eyepiece included as well, but our only real complaint is that the SkyView app isn't available for iOS users, and thus you can't use the scope's Bluetooth functionality to stream shows from your phone.
- Extremely rugged and durable
- Plenty of accessories included
- Good optics
- The mount is quite heavy
- The optical tube is very heavy
Best Value Telescope:Celestron - NexStar 5SE Telescope - Computerized Telescope for Beginners
The NexStar SE is one of the bestselling Telescopes on Amazon for good reason, and I ve had this model for almost a year now. It s a great entry-level telescope for anyone who wants to start stargazing, or loves the night sky but doesn t want to commit the time and money to getting a really good, professional-grade telescope.
The NexStar SE s optical performance is stellar, and it s also easy to use. It s a great way to get started with astrophotography, and for day-to-day viewing. It has a robust, locking tripod mount, and a robust mount for attaching a finder scope, so you can use it with a mount you already own.
This NexStar SE s mount is sturdy enough to hold a DSLR camera, but it also has finder scopes and eyepieces available for non-telephoto cameras. Best of all, this NexStar SE comes with a free, downloadable astronomy program called Starry Night. This program lets you plan your observing session, track objects, and learn about constellations and planets.
- Lightweight and portable, the telescope can be setup and taken apart in just a few minutes
- The telescope comes with Celestron's SkyAlign technology, which helps you align the telescope quickly
- The telescope tracks the celestial objects for you
- Some reviewers say that the tripod is unstable, but the tripod is pretty standard
- The telescope requires a fair amount of setup time, and you therefore need a bit of patience
Best Saving Product:Celestron - NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope - Compact and Portable
The Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope outshines the Meade LX200GPS Computerized Telescope for one reason: stellar customer support. We received a NexStar SLT and two 2-inch eyepieces and adapter rings, plus a 10-page manual with every telescope. This NexStar SLT arrived fully assembled, so we were ready to observe as soon as we got outside. This NexStar SLT is easy to set up and use. The telescope is lightweight and compact, and the computerized hand controller is well laid out and easy to navigate. The database is impressive, and we found thousands of objects to explore.
This telescope uses Meade s proprietary SkyAlign procedure, which locates three bright stars and helps align the telescope in less than a minute. The optic is very sharp, even at high magnifications, although the lower resolution of the 130 mm lens means it doesn't deliver as sharp a image as the XT8 computerized telescope from Meade (which was more than twice as expensive). But for the price, the NexStar SLT is a top performer for a portable telescope setup.
- Easy to set up
- Very compact
- Nexstar Guide works as advertised
- Focal length adjustment works well and is easy to make
- The included manual is quite dated
- The included manual
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Here are some of the reasons you should consider buying the best telescope for advanced astrophotography:
- Great research: Whether you are doing research or you just want to view the stars, a good telescope will come in handy. This is because telescopes make it possible for you to observe and study heavenly bodies.
- Great entertainment: Telescopes can also be used for great entertainment. This is not rocket science. You buy a good telescope, mount it in your garden, and set up your lawn chairs so that you can view the stars.
- Educational: If you want to learn about astronomy, a good telescope will come in handy. This is because it makes it possible to view and learn about the stars, moons, and other heavenly bodies.
- Great hobby: Last but not least, a good telescope can be a great hobby. If you are a great fan of astronomy, then invest in a good telescope and have some fun with it.
Even though your gears are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, accidents happen. That's why ASURION offers affordable 2-year accidental damage protection plans - all for as little as $3,99!*
Asurion's 2-year accidental damage protection plans cover you from the day you buy your plan. If something happens to your covered product, all you need to do is file a claim. ASURION will even send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price.
Features We Like
Fast, Easy, Convenient Repairs
2 Year No Deductible Coverage
24/7 Expert Tech Support
Specific Coverage for Drops, Spills and Cracked Screens
For Any Device - Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, Camera, Accessories
>>> View On Amazon
So, which telescope should you consider buying? I”m glad you asked! Check out this list of top the best telescope for advanced astrophotography. Which one are you most curious about? Let me know in the comments below!
Don't forget to check:
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022