HOW WE PICK & TEXT
- Quality optics: We test for sharpness, contrast, and color accuracy.
- Ease of use: We test the usability of the telescope, including mechanics, optics, spectrographs, and instruction manuals.
- Performance: We test how accurately the telescope tracks celestial objects.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope: Celestron - NexStar 127SLT Computerized Telescope - Compact and Portable
The Celestron NexStar 127SLT is a portable, computerized telescope with outstanding viewing capabilities. It combines 127mm of aperture with a Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design (for deep-sky viewing) and an equatorial mount for smooth tracking of objects. The computerized mount features a database of over 40,000 objects to help you find and track whatever celestial object you want to view. The built-in tripod mount and hanging cable make it easy to use this NexStar 127SLT as a portable, tabletop telescope for observing from the comfort of your home.
This NexStar 127SLT is also an excellent portable telescope for camping, hiking, or enjoying your favorite program from home. This NexStar 127SLT has a great optical design for observing faint objects. What s more, it s surprisingly portable. It s 8.5 pounds, and collapses down to 67.25 inches for storage or transport. The telescope s equatorial mount, with slow-motion controls, is accurate for tracking objects.
- Lightweight and portable
- Terrific views of the night sky
- Easy to use, once you get it aligned
- Very durable
- Might take a little time to understand
- Difficult to set up at times
Best Value Telescope:Celestron - NexStar 4SE Telescope - Computerized Telescope for Beginners
Our top pick for Telescopes for backyard observation is the NexStar 4SE Telescope. It features the same 4-inch Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope design as this NexStar 4SE, but features a new computerized mount, an updated SkyAlign technology, and more than 40,000 celestial objects in the automated sent to the mount database.
It also includes a free copy of a popular astronomy app, which means that you'll be armed with more than most visualization tools right out of the box. It also has longer battery life and more attractive finishes than this NexStar 4SE, as well as integration with NexStar's SkyPortal app, which allows you to easily share the images you capture.
- Good weight balance
- Very easy to set up, and fairly intuitive
- Good as a beginner telescope
- Good optics
- Nice design
- Good customer support
- Comes with two eyepieces
- Decent return policy
- Comes with a nice case
- Nice and compact
- Bearable, but not very sturdy or stable
- Not that much magnification
Best Saving Product:Celestron - NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope - Compact and Portable
The Celestron NexStar 130SLT is a really nice value for a new-generation computerized telescope. The 130 mm aperture gathers enough light to see the night sky in amazing detail, and this telescope is compact and portable. The NexStar SLT's SkyAlign procedure will have you setting it up in minutes.
For photographers and nature lovers, it's an excellent choice. The included star-finder software is recommended, but optional upgrades include SkyX and SkyPortal, which are better.
- Lightweight and portable
- Great price
- SkyAlign technology works well
- Due to long focal length, images have a blurry center
- Can be a little bit tricky to set up at first
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Some people simply do not like looking at the stars. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as fear of the dark, busy lifestyle, or simple quality time. Rather than spending time in a dark room looking at the stars, why not invest in a good telescope? There are plenty of benefits you will enjoy by making this investment. Here are some of the reasons to do so:
- Enjoy high-quality visual effects: The good thing about a good telescope is that you can enjoy high-quality visual effects. This is not possible with most binoculars and telescopes.
- Telescopes can be enjoyed anywhere: Unlike binoculars, telescopes can be used anywhere. This is very useful because telescopes can be used during travel.
- Enjoy high-quality visual images: Of course, telescopes allow you to enjoy high-quality visual images. In fact, a high-quality telescope can allow you to see the moon, planets, and stars in great detail.
- Telescopes can be used for other purposes: Of course, telescopes can be used for viewing objects in the sky. But, they can also be used for other things such as bird watching, spying, photography, and more.
Even though your gears are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, accidents happen. That's why ASURION offers affordable 2-year accidental damage protection plans - all for as little as $3,99!*
Asurion's 2-year accidental damage protection plans cover you from the day you buy your plan. If something happens to your covered product, all you need to do is file a claim. ASURION will even send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price.
Features We Like
Fast, Easy, Convenient Repairs
2 Year No Deductible Coverage
24/7 Expert Tech Support
Specific Coverage for Drops, Spills and Cracked Screens
For Any Device - Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, Camera, Accessories
>>> View On Amazon
The best computerized telescope has many great features and is worth every penny. It’s perfect for stargazers of all ages, and will help you make the most out of your backyard under the stars. Do you have any recommendations for telescopes? Let me know in the comments below!
Don't forget to check:
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022