HOW WE PICK & TEXT
- One size fits all: We looked for an easy-to-use, beginner-friendly telescope with adjustable eyepieces, a guide scope, and a sturdy tripod.
- User-friendly: We looked for Telescopes that are easy to set up, comfortable to hold, and safe for a beginner to hold and shake.
- Brand reputation: We selected models from manufacturers with good track records and reputations for quality and reliability.
- Objective testing: We measured each telescope’s clarity, color accuracy, and contrast using Calman software and light/color meters.
And the winners:
Best Overall Telescope:Celestron - AstroMaster 114EQ Newtonian Telescope - Reflector Telescope for
The Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ is the perfect starter telescope that kids (particularly young teens) can enjoy with a bit of supervision. The 12-inch aperture and 32X magnification make it one of the best telescopes for beginner stargazers, and the fully coated optical lens maximizes image quality. The included eyepieces are quite limiting, however, so it's something to be aware of. For a phone adapter, you get a cradle for an iPhone 5/5s (or similar device) that connects directly to the eyepiece.
There's also a wireless remote that makes it easy to control the camera from up to 30 feet away. telescope for beginners. The telescope comes with a shadow-obscuring bag, all accessories can be put into the bag. The sturdy tripod that comes with it is incredibly easy to set up and handle. The 8-inch aperture is enough for decent night sky views (great for beginner stargazing), but it's worth noting that 8-inch telescopes generally wouldn't get much use after dark.
- High quality materials, built for durability
- Compact design, fits in most cars
- Carry bag, tripod and phone adapter included
- Nice variety of eyepieces
- The tripod is a bit wobbly, but it's no worse than other tripods on the market
- The eyepieces are pretty pricey
Best Value Telescope:Celestron – StarSense Explorer DX 102AZ Smartphone App-Enabled Telescope –
The Celestron StarSense Explorer DX 102AZ is a great buy for those looking a no-frills, beginner's scope. It comes with a tripod, a carry bag, and a five-year warranty, as well as a nice selection of eyepieces, a finderscope, and an app. The lens is fully multicoated, so the image isn't too grainy, and the image quality is good in bright light. But the image can get a bit washed out in dimmer conditions or when the moon is bright. The scope also has a short focal length of 800mm, so objects (like the moon) appear small and blurred compared to other scopes.
The finderscope is also much smaller and simpler than the finderscopes that come with more expensive telescopes. It also doesn't have collimation screws, so you'll need to use a little scope-alignment technique to center the eyepiece. The WiFi app works well, but it can't be used outdoors, though the update did fix some bugs and improve performance. The interface isn't very intuitive, since there's no scrolling, and the screen doesn't show the current magnification. And the StarSense app doesn't support the YouTube app, which makes it tough to watch YouTube video. Otherwise, this is a solid starter scope.
- Great product for the price
- The tripod and telescope are sturdy, and easy to set up
- The eyepieces and finder scope are decent
- The optics are pretty good
- The telescope is prone to scratches, so avoid dropping it
- It is not compatible with an Android phone, only iPhone
Best Saving Product:Telescope, Gskyer 130EQ Professional Astronomical Reflector Telescope, German Technology Scope,
The EQ-130 is an all-around good telescope, and it's defined primarily by its quality. The optics are impressive, and it has a diffraction-limited aperture for sharp images. The optics and coatings on this telescope are designed to provide good results at 32X and 400X magnifications, so it makes them great for casual stargazing, but it won't compete with higher-end scopes if you're looking for deep-sky views.
This EQ-130 is easy to set up, and it has a nice finderscope for locating objects. The outer tube has a non-slip coating, which is nice for a stable platform. This EQ-130 has a lot of features not typical of portable telescopes, including phone adapters and a wireless remote for using the camera and capturing pictures. It also comes with a carry bag and a tripod. We found this EQ-130 to be a little taller than we would have liked, but for most people that's a minor issue. As portable telescopes go, this one is an excellent choice.
- Good value for the money
- Sturdy, solid build
- Clear, bright images
- Fully multi-coated lens
- Adjustable tripod
- Comes with a carry bag
- Comes with a manual
- The tripod is a bit wobbly
- Some minor assembly required, but nothing serious
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Good beginner telescopes are designed for beginners like you. This means that they are simple and easy to use.
Below are some of the top reasons to invest in a good beginner telescope:
- Adjustability: Beginner telescopes are easily adjustable. This means that you can point the telescope towards a specific object. This makes viewing objects like planets very easy.
- Durability: Beginner telescopes are made from durable materials. This ensures that the telescope can withstand a variety of weather conditions.
- Easy to use: Beginner telescopes are very easy to set up and use. This means that you can be able to point the telescope towards an object even when you are a beginner.
- Long lasting: Beginner telescopes are designed from the best and long lasting materials. This ensures that the telescope will serve you for a long time without breaking down.
- Quality: Beginner telescopes are designed for optimal viewing. This means that you can be able to see objects like planets clearly.
Even though your gears are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, accidents happen. That's why ASURION offers affordable 2-year accidental damage protection plans - all for as little as $3,99!*
Asurion's 2-year accidental damage protection plans cover you from the day you buy your plan. If something happens to your covered product, all you need to do is file a claim. ASURION will even send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price.
Features We Like
Fast, Easy, Convenient Repairs
2 Year No Deductible Coverage
24/7 Expert Tech Support
Specific Coverage for Drops, Spills and Cracked Screens
For Any Device - Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, Camera, Accessories
>>> View On Amazon
If you’re looking to go stargazing and just can’t decide which telescope to buy, I hope this list can help you out. Here are my recommendations for beginner telescopes see planets. Let me know what telescope you like to use, or if there are any other beginner telescopes that you think I should add to this list. Thanks for reading, and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Don't forget to check:
- Top 20 Best Telescope Under 1000 in 2022
- 10 of The Best Beginner Telescope in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope For Viewing Planets And Galaxies in 2022
- Top 15 Best Family Telescope in 2022
- Top 16 Amazon Telescopes For Beginners in 2022
- Top 12 Best Telescope Computerized in 2022
- Best Telescope For Viewing The Moon 2022
- Top 4 Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets in 2022
- Best Telescope Under 1000 Top 10 Models Compared in 2022
- Top 10 Best Telescope Under 200 in 2022